O Lord, who may abide in your tent?
Who may dwell on Your holy hill?
He who walks with integrity, and works righteousness,
And speaks truth in his heart
He does not slander with his tongue,
Nor does evil to his neighbor,
Nor takes up a reproach against his friend;
In whose eyes a reprobate is despised,
But who honors those who fear the Lord;
He swears to his own hurt and does not change;
He does not put out his money at interest,
Nor does he take a bribe against the innocent.
He who does these things will never be shaken.
This was Zack's favorite verses back in the day. Yesterday a good friend of mine, zack went to be with the Lord. I loved him, and it is hard to let him go. I never expected that he would die, i guess i figured he would get better, but next year he would be back at school. I am conforted by the fact that he was ready and prepaired to die, up until his death he was self-less, and was more concerned by the grief of his family and friends than his own death. He had an amazing relationship with God, and i would really like that deep-ness as well. His faith was so evident in everything he did. He has encouraged me in so many ways. It makes it so hard to let go, everywhere i go on campus around town, in the future, reminds me of him. I was excited to see him this summer because we would be living close to one another, so i would be able to spend time with him. I always saw him in Glaske where we would talk about school, MSC where we would hang out at acoustic cafe, The lounge at KZX where we watched movies and most recently a dave matthews concert on DVD, so many memories, so many discussions. Even when i listen to music i think of him, dave matthews, country. I feel so sad inside, like im breaking apart, like there is a hole. But then i think of how he is now. Hes at the feet of God, in awe. Maybe he is running and playing soccer in his healed body. Whatever he is doing, he is so happy and healthy, and i know i will see him again, so i have to be happy for him, even though i still grieve. I feel bad most of all for his three sisters and parents. They loved him so much, and though they are comforted, they still miss him greatly. Please pray for all of this. Its hard to deal with the death of a loved one.
No comments:
Post a Comment